National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) will select candidates through following channels for admissions to following programmes for the year 2018.
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE-2017/GATE-2018) in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering / Computer Science and Information Technology / Instrumentation Engineering. Candidates who qualified in GATE-2017 in these subjects are also eligible to apply.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) (2018).
- CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR examination for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Biology / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics (the candidates should also fulfil the eligibility criteria of NBRC for Ph.D. programme). Also their fellowship should be valid to be activated upto 31st August, 2018 or later.
Candidates will be short-listed for a two-tier interview based on their performance in the above qualifying examinations.
Ph.D. programme candidates will be short-listed for a two-tier interview to be held at NBRC based on their performance in the JGEEBILS (Test date: 10th December, 2017) or qualifying GATE -2017/GATE-2018 examinations / JEST-2018 examination or qualifying CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR examination for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (valid for activation upto 31st August 2018 or later), alongwith fulfilling other eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. programme at NBRC. The applications through GATE/JEST/External Fellowship Channels are valid for Ph.D. programme only
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS)
|Candidates will be short-listed for a two-tier interview based on their performance in the JGEEBILS examination. |